My painting has been many things over the years,
a driving passion
a quiet place of my own to go to
a way to make a living
It,s a part of me,
It,s who i am.
Without my painting and the flow of the brush, I am stuck in the “Real” World.
JenniferTaranto was born in Melbourne, Victoria in 1957, and first discovered her passion
for painting at 8 yrs of age. She studied at Brighton and Prahran Technical Colleges in
In 1980, Jennifer moved to the far north of NSW where she worked doing illustrations for
screen printing, and started illustrating children,s and botanical books including
– “Key Guide to Australian Trees_249 Species” by Len Cronin _Reeds Publishers.
– “Exotic Tree Fruit for the Australian Home Garden” by Glen Tankard_Nelsons Publishers.
In 1988 She returned to Melbourne and continued to illustrate books, and worked for a
graphic art studio, doing designs for tourism and marketing.
1989 Jennifer had her 1st Solo Show at the Watermark Gallery in Elwood. Victoria.
1991 She worked for the Performing Arts Museum in Melbourne, painting sets.
She also worked with National Gallery of Melbourne, Australia and continued illustrating books for Macmillan,s, Reeds and Rigby,s Publishers.
1999 She moved the Adelaide Hills where she exhibited with the Hahndorf Academy,
SALA_The South Australian Living Artists, .. and Driden Fine Arts in McLaren Vale.
2002 Jennifer returned to Melbourne, working with various galleries,
participated in the Art of Botanical Illustration, 6th Biennial Exhibition at the Royal .°
Botanic Gardens, Melbourne, … and taking private commissions.
2003 She travelled for 3 months in Europe, returning to do solo shows in late 2003 and 2004.
In 2010 I went into partnership to run the Byron Bay Gallery.
In 2019 I had a solo show in Byron Bay and was introduced to the Australian ambassador of the Mondial Art Academia.. . and invited to join them. This is a world wide artists website based in France. I was accepted into the Academy and am now listed as one of their painters.
Since then, I have had various invitations to exhibit in Europe.
In 2019 I exhibited in the Biennale in Venice .
- 2006 Melbourne Watercolour Show _ Without Pier Gallery.
- 2007 Solo Exhibition _ Without Pier Gallery.
- 2008 Solo Exhibition_ Without Pier Gallery.
- 2009 Shared Exhibition _ Without Pier Gallery.
- 2010 Melbourne Watercolour Show_ Without Pier Gallery.
- 2010 The Art of Botanical Illustration _Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne.
- 2010 Our Melbourne, My Victoria Show_ Without Pier Gallery.
- 2010 Small Works Christmas Show _ Without Pier Gallery.
- 2011 Private Commission_Tromp L,eoile.
- 2012 Melbourne Watercolour Show._ Without Pier Gallery.
- 2012 The Art of Botanic Illustration _ Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne.
- 2013 Shared Exhibition _ Without Pier Gallery.
- 2015 Group Show_ Without Pier Gallery.
- 2016 The Art of Botanical Illustration. Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne.
Jennifers, work was purchased by the State of Victoria for the Botanical Collection.
She won the Peoples Choice Award, and received an Honourable mention from
- 2019 Solo Exhibition_ Malvern Artists Society. , Melbourne.
- Solo Exhibition_ Byron Bay Gallery, Byron Bay. Nth NSW.